Maison Colin et JOLLET & Cie
Le Maison Colin was a very prestigious foundry founded in Paris in 1843 and it was located at 29 rue Sévigné. Renown for their high quality castings, it exhibited in various World’s Fairs including the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair and the 1900 Exposition Universelle in Paris were it was awarded gold medal. The Maison worked with several of the top Parisian bronziers of the era including, amongst many others, Frédérick Eugène Piat (French, 1827-1903), Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse (French, 1824-1887), Eugène Marioton (French, 1854-1925), René Rozet (French, 1858-1939). In 1906 The Maison Colin’s changed it’s name to Jollet & Cie, however it also kept it’s original name adding the wording “Ancienne Maison Collin” on all their castings until 1911.